Axie Infinity has launched eSports Grant 3 from Q4 2022 to Q2 2023. This edition will come after the conclusion of the Axiecon World Championship and will feature $160,000AXS ($2 million) in funding. It will include three tiers to cover the following years: majors, minors, online leagues, invitational and regional events.
In presenting this issue, the team added that they are confident in the project. This translates into increased funding this time around. They want to provide the best environment for serious users who want to play competitively. With their participation, Axie can become the model that all other web3 games will want to emulate.
Details of the Axie Infinity eSports 3 grant
As the name implies, the Axie Infinity eSports 3 grant is the third edition of funding to support the game. Since its launch, Sky Mavis has donated over $13,000AXS to this initiative. This financial support has allowed the first participants to benefit from significant prizes for their participation in various competitions.
However, the team decided to up the ante and announced to Axiecon that they would donate $160,000AXS ($2.1 million). These funds are allocated to the awards pool for tournaments that will be held between the last three months of 2023 and the middle of 2023. In addition, the amount mentioned will be primarily for winners’ prizes.
In addition to the size of the winnings, another difference is the dynamic nature of the eSports 3 grant. Instead of grouping all the competitions together, they will be separated into 3 different levels. This will allow for a more efficient allocation of funds to contest organizers of different types and sizes.
However, the team will only give money to organizers who have adequate references to match their proposals. If the funds are not used to the fullest in the next 9 months, they will be set aside for future grants. Nevertheless, she promises to maximize and disburse as much of the funds as she can confidently justify.
The different levels of the Axie Infinity eSports 3 grant
As previously mentioned, Axie Infinity will allocate funds under the eSports 3 grant in tiers. Below are the different categories and application criteria:
- Prize pool of $150,000 to $1,000,000 and 8% must be used for the prize pool.
- Finals must be broadcast in English, Spanish and Tagalog.
- The contest must feature at least 16 players and 75% of them must be from the open qualifiers.
- The organizers will receive sponsorship and marketing support from Sky Mavis.
- The prize pool is between $50,000 and $150,000, and organizers can use up to €10,000 per tournament.
- 80% must be the prize pool, while 20% of the funds to cover additional expenses.
- The finals must be broadcast in English, Spanish and Tagalog. The event must also be physical.
- 50% of the players must come from open qualifiers.
- 90% is the prize pool, while 10% covers additional expenses.
- The organizers will choose the language in which they will broadcast the event.
- 25% of the players must come from open qualifiers.